Before I started on Part 2 of the mystery, I remembered that my triangle rulers were slippery. My favorite way to add grips to my rulers is with the Nexcare Flexible Clear medical tape. I love that I can tear it to the size I need.
Here I’ve added a small strip to the top of my triangle. On my Easy Angle, I added tape to the front and back to allow flipping the ruler while cutting. The Clear tape makes it easy to see the lines I need to use.
6% of the goal achieved and the rest cut waiting on assembly. Not looking forward to all the trimming – but my personal goal is to be more accurate with this quilt.
Last week was a busy one for me, the pieces sat like this until Sunday when I made time to start piecing. I sat down and paired up the pieces … my love of office supplies shines thru.
The clipboard holding my 8.5 x 12.5 ruler with the grippers up holding all the pieces. As I was working I thought a piece of sandpaper would work really well too.
I also love Sort Kwik – it makes separating the pieces much easier. Being in the midwest in the winter my hands are usually dry and the pieces just stick. With this it’s easy to fan them apart.
By Sunday evening all of my flying geese were finished and pressed. I broke the process into several steps, allowing myself time to run errands and watch a movie between them. It worked well for me as sometimes the monotony of piecing gets boring.